Mixed Bag

I have been very irregular in updating my blog and i do not like it. 2 posts in August, 1 in September - very bad indeed. I come online everyday, I chat, check emails and logoff. I cannot write when I am chatting. This multitasking i cant do!

In my last post I said that I shall post about the Ganpati festival. We celebrate Ganesh Chaturthi every year by bringing home Ganpati Idol for 1 n half days. This year we decided to celebrate it at my native place - Karwar. It was amazing and green! The idol was made of clay and not PoP. We made the traditional decoration using fruits and flowers. So many people had come for the prasad lunch.

The Ganpati Idol

- The decoration

The feeling I get usually at night to see the ganpati idol illuminated by only the diyas cant be described. I feel very calm, serene and content. Needless to say I missed my brother a lot. But this experience was amazing.

-
One of the other wonderful things that happened to me recently is me joining a teaching initiative. I joined one of the initiatives, wherein std 5 kids of a small village near Bombay are taught spoken english. This happens one every week and the feeling cannot be described. An inter-school competition of such initiatives happened when I joined and the whole experience was completely satisfying.

- The kids from the Initiative

The friends I have made here are wonderful and I have had such nice times with them - lunch outings, picnics n all!
- Matheran Picnic with friends from the Initiative



-
People in Bombay had 2 long weekends and on one such weekend I visited a place called "Kaas". Its 25 kms from Satara and is known as Valley of Flowers of the Sahyadris. The place should be visited in August and September. The flowers that you can see here are sooo beautiful. All wild flowers, they appear as if sprinkled on the mountains. We happened to come across a nest of a bird called Lark. The nest was built on the ground!! Any nature lovers do visit this place for sure.













-
One of my closest friends at my workplace quit. I was very sad on her last day, but I have noticed a change in me. I think I have become a little tough and can let go with a little more ease. I know if this would have happened sometime earlier, I would have pined for her for a very long time. I miss her terribly even now, but I know she has gone for something better and so its easy. I think this is a good change :) To learn to let go is the biggest lesson I can learn.



-
Coming to movies and television, I saw Wake Up Sid. And? I liked it. Even though the movie is very predictable, the delivery is fresh and real. The emotional scenes are executed very well and I was moved to tears when Sid meets his Mom (I cry easily :P) I heard very bad reviews for What's Your Rashee and dint feel like watching it at all.

I saw Love Aaj Kal and dint find it as bad as some people said. I can understand the situation where Deepika decides to break all ties with Saif because she cant get over him. I think thats very real and people have become this practical in life, wherein break offs are done for the sake of career. The indecisiveness which follows is also very natural.

House M. D is back!!! :D :D Season 6 premiered in US on 21st Sep, the first episode was a double. I downloaded esp 1 and 2 and saw them back to back :D I cant wait for the next one now. Gregory House rules!!! :D

Comments

  1. nice.......

    u right well.

    1 and a half day ganpati reminds me of all the fun we had during ganesh chathurti. we had ganpati for 5 days.. full of fun... but now we dont bring the ganesha idol since he passed away....

    nice description about your friend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice Photographs there! Ganpati Bappa Morya! And really you are doing a terrific job of helping the underprivileged children. It really makes me respect you a lot more! And for a change I am Not kidding.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts