Awards Season

I try to watch all the Award ceremonies shown on Television. 2008 year kicked off with the Star Screen Awards. Even before the award ceremony took place, controversy started about the nominations! Imagine all the Chak De girls being nominated as Best Supporting Actor/s. I think it should / could have been Bindiya Naik / Komal Chautala or even Preeti Sabarwal. And then I think Jab We Met wasn't even nominated as Best Movie. It should have been, its a really fresh movie. Anurag Kashyap and Mayank Shekhar who write columns in Mumbai Mirror every other Friday also wrote on ( 11th Jan & 4th Jan respectively) which movies should have been there.

A very well deserved award went to Darsheel Safary for Taare Zameen Par. Thou he shouldn't have been given the critics award but the actual Best Actor award. That child is immensely talented. Kudos to Aamir Khan for bringing out such a performance from a kid. It is a must must watch movie.

SRK won :) and thankfully for Chak De India and not OSO. Awards too are rigged these days but checking the list of winners I think it wasn't very unfair. Kareena played the part of Geet very very well. Loud n soo talkative. Since I have already dedicated an entire post to JWM, i think i shouldn't talk about it much.

The Screen Actors Guild awards are also coming soon. Planning to catch up those too. As of today I intend to post after every award function, at least I will have something to write about. And not so long ago I was planning to turn this into a filmi blog, so I am getting near to that also.
Check out the link to Star Screen Awards for the entire list of winners.

Jan 08

Comments

Popular Posts