Web Browsers

I have been using the Internet since the year 2000, and i dint have much knowledge about the internet. So i used to browse the net on IE, as that was wat i was told to do. I wasnt the type who would explore a lot. Used the net mostly for chatting (Yahoo msngr) and checking my emails.
I dint know that there were different types of browsers!!!
I was introduced to Mozilla FireFox by the guy who "fixes" my comp -meaning keeps it at his place for weeks together and says it will be done ASAP!!! He said Mozilla was much better at virus protection. Ok! so instructions were given at home to my mom ( very new learner) to use Mozilla.
The first thing i noticed about Mozilla was "Tabs". WOW!!! i absolutely loved this browser, using tabs was like the best thing about net surfing. That was the most irritating thing about IE, opening "n" number of windows and then getting lost in them!
By this time, i was much better at using the internet, would explore stuff (thou i may seem slow to many in the discoveries section) But by now, i was good at using multiple search engines, Stumbleupon (an excellent add-on feature -- recommended to everyone), Clipmarks and ofcourse the Themes!
You can also use the Colourful Tabs - its nice and gives a nice look to your browser. (Here i am tryin to make my browser as personalised as i can!)
Well now the main reason why i started with this topic...a new browser ( "new" to me ofcourse) I went through some other browsers and came upon this "Opera". It did seem nice. I use IE, Mozilla and Opera to use 3 different Gmail accounts!!
Coming to Opera, the best thing about this is "Speed-Dial". And you can also lock tabs. Depending where you use Opera as the browser, the following feature can be a pro/con. When in public places or sharing pc, close all the tabs before closing the browser, as when u open the browser, it restarts all the sessions!! Another feature about this is that you get a peek of the page, when you place your cursor on the tab.
I am yet to go through Safari. I may do so in the next week. But as of now Mozilla stands as my fav browser!


Comments

Popular Posts