Trust

My last post I mentioned about friendship, and how my friends mean so much to me. I was thinking how not everyone we meet becomes our "Friend". What decides the fate of the relationship between 2 strangers? How do we realise whether someone likes us or not? Intuition plays an important part in it. I think. And of course, the vibes, the wavelength. But there has to be something else also. I can think of people, with whom I share most of my choices/likings, but I get a feeling of not being liked in return.

I was reading the other day about some Hollywood celeb having this thing about wanting to be liked by everyone. It was written in a negative sense. But what is wrong in being like that. When I was telling mom about this, she said its ok upto a point, but you should not fuss over it, if someone doesn't like you. I think they should have a valid reason for not liking. I think this is just another aspect of my insecurities. What is with me!!

Am I making any sense in this post so far? I doubt. Anyway coming back to the title of my post. I was wondering what makes us trust someone; someone we have met just sometime back. I think if we get to trusting someone, we become Friends. That has to be one of the factors. I have met some people whom I have started trusting without giving it a second thought. They are my friends. But when I have to think even for a second, whether I can or should trust xyz person...that person might not become my friend.

The other day I was in the train, coming back home. I was standing in the door. There was this lady with lot of luggage and a kid. She asked me to hold his hand while getting down from the train. The child hesitantly held my hand at first and then firmly, when his mother insisted. That 2 minutes when he held on to my hand till we got down on the platform, I realised, how as children we are so much more trusting. Our parents tell us and we believe.

If only life was so simple now...

Comments

Popular Posts