Change

Why do things have to change? I am a kind of person who like be in her comfort zone. I like things to run according to the way they have been for ever….I like things to be planned. I am not impulsive. I don’t like to hurry, or do things at the last minute. I am a Planner. I like routine.

But change is inevitable. Change is the only thing in this world that is permanent. The statement is very ironical but then that’s the fact of life. I read some quote yesterday that the only thing related to the human institution that doesn’t ask for change is the cemetery. And that is for obvious reasons. So, does this mean that when we don’t like the change and when we don’t accept them, we are stagnating ourselves?

I think it is still easy to accept change when it is happening in the daily schedule of our life. Like probably shifting to a new place or getting a new job. The initial days might be difficult to get used to, but then we get set into a new pattern and it becomes fine. I guess if I am saying all this, it most definitely means that I am a kinda of person who will not enjoy working somewhere, where there is no fixed style of working. But then if there are no challenges in your work, you will work mechanically in sometime. Will you enjoy that work then?

Is life always like this for everyone? Thinking that you like something and then going back and contradicting yourself! Does everyone know what they want in life?? Or am I the only one who is so confused about everything.

Change in the routine is maybe easier to accept than change in a person whom you have known for a long time. Everybody changes with time. Sometimes it is a result of some incidents that occur and then the whole outlook towards life, the perspective changes. And you end up like a whole new person. Sometimes, it’s just because you let your weaknesses overcome you and then you let things go. Giving up is the easiest way out and hence people who opt for it are usually termed as Cowards. Depending on the situation you are in, you have to fight, learn and go on. Change or adapt yourself. It is said that you if cant change the given situation, then it is time to change yourself!

30 Sep 08

Comments

Popular Posts