French it up!!


Whats the 1st thing that comes to your mind when the word "French" comes up?? The general answers to it would be Fries, Kiss, Plait, Toast, Love, Sweet language, Paris etc etc.

I have been learning French - for the last 2 months - at work. The classes are fun. Even if it has been over 2 months, I cannot say that I can speak French! Thou I can be better than Joey! This brings me to the name of the Post "French it up" - thats wat Joey says in a particular episode of FRIENDS.



I totally love that episode and I'm sure any FRIENDS fanatic would think of this episode when you think of learning French.

Here are bits and parts of the conversation Joey has with Phoebe and the director:

p: alright, listen. this seems pretty simple. your first line is my name is claude. so, just repeat after me: je m'appelle claude.

j: jö dö kup blau.
p: well let's just try it again.

j: ok p: je m'appelle claude.
j: je de pii bluu.
p:ha! that's not quite what i'm saying.
j: really? it sounds exactly the same to me.
p: it does? really? j: yeah. p: alright. let's just try again. really listen!
j: got it.
p: je m'appelle claude.
j: jö dö flup flii
p: oh mon dieu!
j: oh de fuf!

Director: whenever you're ready, joey.
j: right! ja bu bu claude. o lo se puu lee la luu blaa bluu.

Actor: i'm sorry. what's going on?

j: dude. come on! french it up!

Director: joey! do you spek french?

j: tut dö la smool. buu bue blu blau fuf!

:D:D:D:D

You can read the entire conversation here. I'm sure it will crack you up!

Comments

Popular Posts