Hatred In Religion

Was paying half-hearted attention to a program on NGC / Discovery that my mom and brother were watching. I am the only person in my family who doesn't watch these channels...i shld...neway that's not the point. The program in question was about Jerusalem - having very holy places of 3 religions!!!, namely - Jewish, Islam and Christianity. i wasn't aware of this fact, and somewhere it lingered in my head.
I am a very sensitive / soft hearted kinda person and as a rule cannot watch any serious / realistic movies. I had the Schindler's List DVD. I just knew that this movie was a very realistic kinda movie and hence dint show any inclination to watch it. Yesterday i thought i shld give it a try, since it is such an acclaimed movie. I asked mom what the movie was about....and she simply said the Nazis and Jews, that was enough for me to not watch the movie. I again asked her why Hitler hated the Jews so much.......n she said maybe the same reason y Muslims and Hindus hate each other!!! ( Is there any answer to this question???)
These 2 things made me think, Why do Hindus & Muslims actually hate each other????? I have actually never thot about it. I just took it for granted...it has been the case for so many years. I hate all these fights that take place all over the country, i don't understand it. My best friend is a Muslim, she is like a soul mate to me and i don't know what i would do without her.
All religion related fights......they all are such a BIG waste!!!! Dont wana sound like a Miss World contestant but i seriously wish these things would stop.....

7 Oct 07

Comments

Popular Posts