Jealousy in Friendship?

This chain of thots started to run through my mind when a colleague mentioned about a fight she had with her best friend, over wat did they fight??? When my colleague compared friend A to friend B.......that must have hurt bad..i guess...
We dont like to be compared, atleast not when we are the underdogs, comparison to our elder siblings, our more brighter friends in school...so when our Best Friend has another person to call upon as a best friend, the jealousy creeps in.
I remember my best friend, met someone and became very good friends with him, i dint like him at all...(and this wasnt the im-in-love-with-him friendship)..still i dint like him.. I knew i shouldnt be jealous and kept the feelings to myself initially, but the more time she spent with him, the more it used to bug me.
This happened quite sometime back...n i guess i was just being childish about it, the whole possessiveness and stuff, now im quite ok with all this---all my closest friends having other set of friends, equally close, as i and my friend are.
i would like to believe that i have matured in all this while, to understand that as i have a lot many friends, even they have too AND we can be Best of Friends with all those who mean a lot...not just 1 of the whole lot..
So, now that i have reached a conclusion to my feelings of jealously, am i to be assured that this green feeling wont crop up in the future?

- 13 Jun 07

Comments

Popular Posts