D'ont leave me..

It looks like the time has come
for you to go away
to make a life of your own
you must leave right away

I have to leave too,
but I dont think I'm ready as yet
Still struggling to deal with things
I'm not ready to leave my nest

You have been my support
and Id want you for sometime more
I will learn to be on my own
Just dont leave me alone as of yet

I'm being selfish, I'm aware
Your future awaits you and
I'm holding you back
Just some time more is all I ask
Dont leave me alone as of yet

I shall break free and fly away
Like you are ready to do now
I will steady my steps & break the shackles
and be on my own in life

Just bear with me for old times sake
Give me support for sometime more
I really do need you now
Dont leave me alone just as yet

- 20 Jul 09

Comments

Popular Posts