Do you know what the Jan LokPal Bill is?



Every day I hear people abusing the many politicians, political parties and others opposing the Jan Lokpal Bill or Anna Hazare. I am sure that majority of these people and the ones protesting on the streets have no idea what is the Jan Lokpal Bill and why there are critics for this bill.

Initially it started as a movement, now it resembles a circus. Politicians are using this as a platform for their gains.

Please read through the Wikipedia article on this topic here

Be sure that you read the section on “Criticisms of the Jan Lokpal Bill” in the same article. It has quotes from Arvind Kejriwal on the Bill.

I am not against the Lokpal Bill…but I don’t believe in being for something just because it sounds good or abusing someone because the world is doing so.

If there is opposition to the Bill, I am sure there must be some reason to it; not just because people are thinking “I am a corrupt politician, I belong to a corrupt political party, I want to save myself, so screw this bill!”

Happy Reading :)

Comments

Popular Posts