Books by S.Hussain Zaidi

I love to read and it's mostly fiction. Non fiction becomes too heavy for me. This changed when I read Dongri to Dubai by S. Hussain Zaidi. It is the story of the mafia king Dawood Ibrahim. Zaidi has been a crime reporter and chose to write books on these topics.

The book is nothing less than fiction and maybe that's the reason I liked it. It had everything a masala Bollywood flick would have. The books written by Zaidi would require immense amount of research because they are so much in detail.

He has ensured that he stuck to facts and whatever stories seemed ambiguous he skipped. The next book I read was Byculla to Bangkok and that is when I decided to read all books by Zaidi.

Mafia Queens of Mumbai is also a very interesting read. It's hard to believe that women also held their ground and were feared during the Mafia days.

Next I read My Name Is Abu Salem. Abu Salem was brought to KEM hospital for check up when I was an intern there. I remember how I had ran to catch a glimpse of him, as if he was a Bollywood star. He did look like one.  Reading the book has made me realise what a vain person he is and shallow. Zaidi says he has no ethics or remorse. I hated myself when I read the book. And to say that I wish the worst for Abu Salem would be an understatement.

I am currently reading the book - Black Friday. The Anurag Kashyap movie by the same name is based on this book. I was 9 when the Bombay Bomb Blasts took place and was too young to understand the meaning or implications of it. My father was present near the BSE when the blast took place and he was saved from the blast impact as well as shrapnel by a whisker. A bone chilling account on the ruthlessness by which this was planned is what the book is about.

The last book which is left is Headley and Me, based on the life of Rahul Bhatt. The subject did not seem very appealing hence kept it for last.

S. Hussain Zaidi became my favourite author with just one book..the remaining books were bonus. Highly recommended!!

Comments

Popular Posts