Most Important Person In My Life

I am a mother. I knew that I wanted to be a mother for a very long time. I knew that it would be the most satisfying roles in my life and it would make me happy. I have many other roles in life, but if this is the primary one, I am not complaining!



The trigger for this post is the image here, which has been circulating widely in social networking sites. I am part of many many mommy group on Facebook as well as on WhatsApp. It was interesting to read the various comments for & against the article.

It is an article written by a psychologist mainly on the American family, but it does apply to Indian families these days. Why these days? Because the parenting style has changed drastically. Gentle Parenting, not using any negative words, giving in to demands as a matter of convenience, sub conscious bribing to over come self guilt of not giving adequate time etc. have become a norm.

My child is only 22 months old and is definitely the most important person in my life. My life revolves around him. Every new thing he does or learns is a proud moment for me. Sometimes, I feel overwhelmed just looking at him play. And why should he not be? Bringing a baby in this world is BIG change and if the baby is important, why would it be wrong?

It would be wrong, when, you are doing it wrongly. If making him important affects the person he will grow up to be. If in the process you lose your identity and forget those around you. And for me, it depends on how long this continues. A baby needs all the TLC in the world and who else to give it in the best possible way, than the parents?

So yes, my child is the most important person in my life, and he will be. But do I miss out spending time with my family because of this? No. Do I manage to spend time with friends? Yes (albeit a little less). I engage in activities I want to, and sometimes I miss out on things as well, but I knew what I was getting into when becoming a mother.

Thing is, don't judge. You don't know what priority the other person has!

P.S: I refer to the child as him in the article since I have a son :-) 

Comments

  1. Agree With you we need to know to balance but for know our little child needs us... But I thought this picture is for the mothers who revolves only around their kids... Coz when the kids grow up she need to have our life...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts