The Magic of Songs

I love listening to songs, mostly Hindi Movie Songs from all times, right from black and white to recent ones. Sadly I don't get to listen to songs as often as I would I like to these days. When I was working in Bombay, I used to plug in the ear-phones as soon as I stepped out of the door and it used to be on till I reached my desk and the same routine while returning home. So I would listen to music for a good 2 hours a day.

I think listening to music is magical and soothing and therapeutic. I am sure I could come up with more things music is to me. The tune is catchy or the lyrics just strike the chord somewhere in our lives. Hindi film music is so wonderful, you can find a song for almost any occasion or moment you want to.

I think songs also have the ability to transport you to different times in your lives. Usually the time you heard the song first, or relate to people who introduced you to the song. I have many such songs and they just freshen you up. Also, some songs have phases, where you just listen to them over and over again on loop. You lose the count of the number of times you have heard the song. The same song might not mean so much after many years, but it will definitely take you back in time.

Many years back, I used to listen to Atif Aslam songs like one crazy possessed and obsessed girl. I still like his songs, but the crazy - not so much. I heard some songs today and it just took me back in time. This is one song (Yakeen) from his album, which did not get very popular, but is amazing.

The lyrics just seem to be where I am, now..today. Listen to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiF3UPITWq8

Comments

Popular Posts